Saturday, June 20, 2009

Stay Connected

Over the last few days, we suddenly found ourselves without internet service at home. I didn't realize how dependent I'd become on being able to 'log on' at will. My lunch hour was spent researching, toubleshooting, then racing home from work to try some new 'fix' for my dilemma. Each evening, I plugged and unplugged, shut down and restarted, all to no avail. Finally, on the 3rd day, I decided to call my ISP. After pushing the right series of numbers, I was connected to their technician--in India. He listened patiently as I complained about how long we'd been disconnected. Then the pleasant young man asked in his native accent, "Why didn't you call us sooner? This will be easy to remedy."

My problem? No connection.

Hindsight is always clearer than you want it to be. When was the last time I rushed home to 'connect' to the Lord? When have I ever spent hours researching, just to be able to 'log on' to His website?


I Cor. 6:17
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
Lord Jesus, I want to stay connected to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment