Sunday, May 17, 2009

newsflash!

"Jesus wept" John 11:35

When my boys were in youth group, and they were called on to quote scripture, John 11:35 was recited more often than not. (A scathing testimony to their lack of bible training on my part.) Nevertheless, they were quoting The Word...however concise. And though this is the shortest verse in the whole of scripture, these two words couldn't be more pregnant with the ability to make us scratch our heads and ask, "WHY?"

Why would the Son of the Living God, the one by whom, for whom, and through whom ALL things were made and consist, not to mention the ONLY human being on earth who could actually remedy the situation of Lazaras' death, CRY?

I was pondering this reality recently, and I think I got a glimpse into at least one facet of the WHY. Jesus, God with skin on, was, is, and will always be an emotional God! Whohoo! He's not a stone-faced stoic, but he is "moved by the feelings of our infirmities." How great is that?

It's a stretch here, but maybe, just maybe when I allow myself to show emotion in worship, I'M ACTING LIKE JESUS!

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!

    Kim,
    I could not get the font big enough to express my opinion on this subject.
    Faith without works is dead.
    I contend that worhip without emotion is dead, as well.
    Love you,
    Marla LaSage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear One,
    I love your heart, wonder who gave it to you? How precious is a heart that loves our Father! Thanks for sharng yours and reminding us all that what we have is His to give back...all of it.

    Love you a bizzion spoon fulls, Honey

    ReplyDelete